After reading the last post we wrote I discovered that I didn't divulge that much detail into our lives here in Brisbane, so here's a little more insite into our spectacular lives here. I was successful in becoming gainfully employed at a nice little English establishment called the Pig n' Whistle. Don't worry, you won't catch the swine flu because you just said 'Pig' in your head. I was a little concerned wearing a shirt with the word on it, but it's all good because it's an English pub, not Mexican. I'm bartending there and it's pretty cruisy. The hardest part of the job is trying to figure out the drunken Australian accent and if "beaugh" means the guy on the other side of the bar wants another beer or if he's about to spew on you. Simone got a promotion at Friday's, the restaurant/club she works at just around the corner from the ___ n' Whistle (I'll spare you from saying it again in your head, just in case). So, she's now a supervisor after only working there a month!! She's pretty incredible.
Other than that, life here's been starting to stabalize and turn into normal. I did have a small epiphany tonight though - I finally figured out why the 'funny bone' has it's name. I was in the bathroom and nailed my elbow on the wonderful little shampoo bottle and happened to see my face in the mirror. If you've ever been fortunate enough to see yourself or someone else when the funny bone has been struck, the facial expression is pretty funny. It's something between pain while thinking "damn that hurts", and frustration while thinking "why the hell do they call it a funny bone?" In case any of you are wondering, I'm fine.
We haven't uploaded any new pictures because we haven't taken any. I was going to bring the camera out on the town with us, but I've never been too good at remembering important things while trying to multitask, and completely forgot it between putting on my shoes and not forgetting the keys. I'll make sure I put it at the top of my list of 'things not to forget' along with wearing undies and putting on deoderant next time so you guys have something new to look at. So that's about it - one other thing for you lovely people who are reading this that is very important to us though.... we really want to hear from you, so post your comments!!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds like you are having a great time!!!
ReplyDeleteYay thanks for sharing!! And keep the posts coming kids, they are hilarious.
ReplyDeleteSo the Pig n' Whistle? Sounds like a great place to grab a pint! Is Fridays that chain restaraunt they also have in the US? Either way, good job Simone, you rock!
You guys should defenitly post some more pictures when you get the chance...I would love to see just some every-day stuff like your house and the downtown area and where you work...anyways I'm really proud of you guys for making it happen. (and a teensie bit jeleous but what can you do haha).
Sending my love from K-town to down-under,
Soph
My comment has been posted.
ReplyDeleteHey guys,
ReplyDeleteIt's sweet to hear from you! Thanks for your valued input Nico. It's good to hear from you Ruth - I hope everything's going well and that you're enjoying the sunshine! It's wicked to hear from you too Soph! The Friday's here isn't the same as the States - it's like a cross between a really nice restaurant and a rooftop club, and Moe's definitely rockin it out. Hope life's treating you all really well and we send our love right back at you!