Thursday, June 25, 2009

Unweekly Update #4

Since I was having such a hard time remembering things, I was looking for the best reminder for myself, and decided that the best idea was to just get them tattooed on my body.... So, at first I made this design of the world to remind myself that we're travelling and that's why I keep waking up in countries other than Canada, and my social insurance number because it's pretty important. Simone came in with me to get my ink done - it turned out pretty nice except afterwards I realized that some of the numbers for my SIN are upside down. I showed my mom the tattoo and it turns out that it actually says "united" in Hebrew across it. I'm super stoked that I got this done - it's something that I've been sitting on for awhile and packs alot of meaninig for me (thanks for the birthday present Moe!)
After we finished getting our bodies mutilated (Simone got her tattoo touched up too) we decided to go for a little shopping trip. One of my jobs while we're shopping is to hold the very important things, which on that day included the nappy rash cream for my tattoo. In one of the first stores we were in my hands were full and I felt myself drop something. I looked down and discovered that my tube of nappy san was laying at the feet of a lady who was also shopping there. Before thinking about what I was saying or how it might sound, I immediately announced in my 'out loud' voice "O no! I dropped my nappy rash cream!" I don't think I've ever seen someone try as hard to hold a straight face as she did. I picked it up, smiled at her, let her know that I successfully retreived it and not to worry, and proceeded to continue to the checkout where apparently my 'out loud' voice had reached as well. The giveaway was that for the entire transaction the girl behind the counter couldn't stop similing, and couldn't talk. I decided that the situation would be a better experience for everyone if I didn't bother trying to explain, so I looked at my cream, smiled at her, shrugged my shoulders and gave my ass a bit of a scratch on the way out.
There's a vid of getting the tattoo at the bottom of the page for all of you kids at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment